Monday, August 5, 2013

fair and balanced

Well, I have somehow managed to become very predictable early in the mornings. I try to
walk early and then seem to end up at McDonalds in the company of some interesting characters
who watch and comment on Fox News. One of the recent conversations has centered around
surveillance on individuals here in America. There's that fine line between individual freedoms and
safety from those who might wish to harm us. The general response to these issues contains the comment, "I have nothing to hide. Go ahead and check me out."

I am immediately reminded that there is a greater power whose capabilities to do surveillance on
His citizens is unlimited. He is omniscient, omnipresent and capable, at all times, to see what's in
our hearts, thoughts.. even what we will say before we utter any words. He doesn't require wire taps,
drones in flight, the ability to hack our computers,etc. He knows his sheep by name and knows all
about them. So, would the same response work in this situation. Could one say,"Lord, I have
nothing to hide. Go ahead and check me out!"

Well, I don't know about you, but I manage to sin a number of times from my front door to the
apartment parking lot. He's going to do surveillance out of love. He desires us to be righteous, to walk
in His ways and He's even given us a personal Counselor to monitor from within. How blessed are
we to be known so well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment