Friday, October 11, 2013

Jabberwock at the Toes of Jesus

Now you have to admit; that title makes you want to read on, doesn't it. This
blogging is a lot of fun.

My overall goals in life have certainly changed these past few years. Once upon
a time, it was just trying to survive until Friday. Many other goals have come and 
gone as I have reached the end of my teaching career, seen my lovely daughter
become a beautiful young lady and marry a great fella, and, most importantly,
since Jesus has become the all in all in my life.

Well... now I just cannot wait until I can be in His presence, kneel at his feet and
speak to Him. Some of that, I will admit, seems a bit daunting. What will I say to
Him? Will I even be able to speak? 

I do not have the best history when it comes to speaking at eventful moments. My
phone calls to young women, most or all of whom were totally out of my league, did
not go smoothly. I listened for the, "Hello," with full knowledge of what I was
going to say, having practiced an infinity of times prior to the call. However, what came
out of my mouth was completely unintelligible! Often, this girl of my dreams, would
just hang up. Once, at the height of embarrassment, she actually translated these
"words" and said, "Tom?" I hung up!

So what are the chances that I will come to the ultimate point in my existence
and wax poetic? I'm thinking that awe-struck would be a potential state of mind.
Even though I am sure that Jesus is proficient in all languages, He may have some
difficulty understanding sheer gibberish. 

Not really. I actually am quite sure that He will know what I am trying to say!
He may even help me articulate it. 

I know one thing... I will be bursting with love for Him and just blessed beyond words
at the Grace God has shown me. Beyond words may be a literal situation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment