Friday, October 25, 2013

Everything Changes...well, almost everything!

James 1:17 (NASB)
Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.

Things certainly change in our lives. I don't know about others, but I do not adapt well to
change. I am definitely a routine sort of person. 

Still remember going to the Levi store on Ohio State's campus as a freshman, and buying
30/30 jeans. That's 30" inseam and 30" waist. Well, one of those numbers is the same.
If I were to buy those jeans today, they "might" make it up to just below my kneecaps!

I once had lots of hair. Growing up in the 60's, hair was important!  I used to fuss with it
daily so that it would be cool. That certainly has changed! I knew things were changing
when a student remarked, upon looking down at my head, that he could see the state of
Ohio on the top of my head. Now I spend just as much time trying to do the comb-over!
It's a losing battle. (did I mention the hair growing where it isn't suppose to?)

Yep, things change. Styles change. Music changes. Weather changes. Friends change.
Jobs change...now days, it isn't at all odd to see folks change jobs very frequently. Some
changes are rhythmic like the ocean tides, some changes are abrupt, like the need to
move to a new home or job. Seasons change...I miss that in north Texas. Our health 
changes. Technology changes...and Fast! Dreams and expectations change. Obviously,
I could go on and on.

However, one thing never changes! GOD! He is steadfast, my rock. When He says
something, He follows up. His word is truth and does not change. He always keeps
His promises. His word is something that remains as true today as it was from the
very beginning of creation. We can thoroughly depend on our God... always.

That's comforting to me and, hopefully, to you. We can derive peace of mind and
great hope from the never-fluctuating love and righteousness of our Lord. He is sovereign,
just and permanent. He is God!


No comments:

Post a Comment