Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Glancing back after 67 years of life.....

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.  Romans 1: 16
 

Luckily there was no attempt to place 67 candles on a birthday cake.
In fact circumstances put me alone on this birthday; except of
course the company of my precious Lord Jesus.

 

It did give rise to some introspection; looking back over so many
many years gives rise to a myriad of memories and thoughts. Is
it just me or do we all feel, on the inside, that we are that same
person we have always been, in many ways?

 

There are regrets, glorious moments of blessing, times of sorrow,
loss and trouble...the same stuff we all must experience in this
brief, first course, if you will. Yet, I am very very different, now,
and that difference wraps itself in God's allowing me understanding
of His Gospel. Sixty years went by with my eyes, my heart and
my understanding blocked by an inability to comprehend
the good news of Jesus at the cross.

 

That understanding has become, slowly and progressively,
at the center of my life, not by my own worthiness or my
own volition, but by Grace. I, like many others who are
lost, had heard of the Gospel... we just hadn't comprehended
its glory.

 

If I could share this birthday wish... that you go onto your
knees and plead with God to open your heart, mind and
soul to an understanding of that Gospel message of
reconciliation, forgiveness and rebirth. Even one enlightenment
would make this a birthday to remember!

Praise our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment