Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lord, wake US up!

"Wake Me Up"  Josh Wilson


Where have I been all my life?
What have I done with my time?
What ever happened to me?
How long have I been asleep?

Wake, wake me up, wake me up,
Wake me up inside.
Light up my heart with a spark
From Your burning light.
God please just wake me up

I wanna rise from the dead
And feel this heart beat again
Don't wanna waste one more day
Lord do whatever it takes

A good Christian friend brought this song to my attention over the holidays, and I am
blessed to have heard it. 
Disclaimer: This is one that will stick in your head, big time!

What made this all the more meaningful, is that it speaks to my life story; years of being
without any real knowledge of Jesus, the gospel, the Bible and God. When I realize that
sixty years of my life went by before a combination of God's grace reaching out to me and
my daughter taking me to a house church in Oxford,Ohio brought me to the knowledge
of the light of Jesus, it is frightening. I was truly ignorant; the kind of ignorance that can
lead to eternal existence away from the God of this universe. 

So I have a prayer that I would offer in the name and to the glory of what Jesus does
for those he has reached out to. I humbly pray that it would be in the will of God to
reach out to anyone reading this blog who has not taken to his knees and asked
Jesus to be his Lord and bring them into the family of those who love Jesus as their 
Lord and savior. Wake them up, God. bring them, I pray, to the peace and grace
that can only come when they become part of the shepherd's flock.

Wake us up, please precious Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment