Monday, December 16, 2013

My selfish heavenly wish

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Rev. 21: 4


Heaven remains a mystery to all of us who long for the time we will be
living in the presence of our Lord and King. We actually know more about
what will not be there, than what will. The descriptions in John's visions
and trips by Isaiah, Ezekiel and Paul leave us with more questions than
answers.

We can, I believe, be assured that we need not sign up for harp lessons before
arriving and probably won't need to worry about whether or not we are
too heavy to be supported by clouds. I am pretty sure that we will see many
folks that we love and, sadly, may not see some that we weren't sure were
those called by Christ into His family.

Well, I have a very selfish dream about my first moments in Heaven. I have
no doubt that I will find myself upon my knees. I feel that it may be the case
that I will be totally speechless. I am thinking that this will be the most 
beautiful place imaginable, the most peaceful place possible and a place
devoid of sin, pain, tears, strife and hated. Wow!

Well, here's what I wish with all my heart will happen. I want to reach
out somehow and take hold of the hand(s) of my Lord Jesus Christ. I just
want to touch Him, to hold that hand close to me. I know in scripture
that there will be no more tears, but what about spontaneous tears of
pure joy?

Now I will pray for this moment each day of my life, hoping that my
prayers will be answered with a YES!

There is just one problem, though. There may be a call to the angels
to pry my fingers loose from that hand. Once I hold onto Him, I just
know that I will never want to let go. Selfish, I know. But, oh how I
long to see it happen!

Praise God, all glory to Him, forever and ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment