Thursday, December 12, 2013

How, then, could we NOT pray?


And I tell you, rask, and sit will be given to you; tseek, and you will find; uknock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 11 What father among you, if his son asks for4 a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; 12 or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, wwho are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father xgive the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
Luke 11: 9-13
Prayer is an interesting subject for us all. It is, obviously, a direct communication with
God that is a personal involvement with Him. The bible, God's word, suggests that God
welcomes and desires to hear our prayers; He is glorified by the fact that we are dependent
upon Him and aware that He is sovereign and in control.

At our church, Crossroad Christian in the McKinney area, I started to send out bi-weekly
prayer request lists, mainly because I found myself unable to remember who I was
wanting to pray for. Old age, again. So this was a way to not only remember prayer needs
but also to share them with others and track the apparent success of prayer 
from the standpoint of positive answers. I am amazed at the number of prayer 
offerings that seem to have been answered in a positive way! I would have to say that
prayer works.. big time.

I think, personally, that my praying has greatly increased my trust and faith in God. I
haven't "heard" from Him personally, by voice, but I have the increasing assurance that
He is listening and that He will answer in his own way, in His own time. It's so
comforting to understand that, despite what I encounter, problems, hopes, dreams...
He is there to listen.

Obviously, God is true to His own directions, promises and answers. He is willing
to listen and consider, but, as we would expect, he will be true to His own decisions.
Sometimes He will answer our prayers with a "Yes!" Sometimes, He will answer
them with a "No." We need to go to Him humbly with appreciation for all that He
has done and is doing in our lives.

Pray enthusiastically, pray frequently and pray with the expectation that the King
of the universe is not too busy, amazingly, to listen and consider. Praise God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment