Monday, December 2, 2013

Father God: The Ultimate Holy Shopper

I just hate shopping! There is probably a phobia attached to males who are required
to shop. It's really close to the phobia that covers fear of malls, in my case. Someone
could use a stop watch to time my "in and out" when it comes to most of my shopping,
even in this holiday season. I love to get things for people, to see them open a gift;
it's just the process that gets to me!

Well, God didn't' and doesn't have a shopping problem! Can you imagine the potential
difficulty God could have just looking at the numbers and variety of those he might shop
for? He faces the task of finding a gift that is age appropriate, gender appropriate and
perfectly reasonable for all; but No Problem! He, also, doesn't have to worry about
gift wrapping; this, for me, is third on the phobia list! It causes all ten of my hand digits
to automatically turn to thumbs! He doesn't face the human problem of having someone
open His present and "fake" a positive emotion. No fake smiles, here. No awkward
expressions upon opening that fruit cake or seeing that horrific tie!

God, in His glorious Grace, has given to all who would choose to receive it, the gift
of eternal salvation, based upon the work of His son, Jesus Christ. It's a gift that truly
keeps on giving, since it brings adoption into His family for all eternity. It isn't
just a gift for "good girls and boys," it's a gift for people despite their inability to earn
or deserve it. Some would label this gift, a "free" gift, and I understand the concept that
it is given without a cost; yet, in my heart, it's a priceless gift that came only after the
payment of the glorious Christ upon the cross, bearing all the sin of this world, separated
from His Father, alone and humiliated. I think the cost was great.

This awesome and truly generous gift is one that should never be undervalued or
returned. It is, quite frankly, the greatest gift ever given. The truly perfect gift. But,
after all, what else would we expect from the glorious God of the universe. Thank
you, Father God, for this life-fulfilling gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment