Wednesday, June 22, 2016

What do you have?

Jordan Kauflin: I once was lost in darkest night
Yet thought I knew the way
The sin that promised joy and life
Had led me to the grave
I had no hope that You would own
A rebel to Your will
And if You had not loved me first.. I would refuse You still

So what do you have? Money?

Got to pay the bills and living requires money. Earning a living and providing for
family are requisite needs in this life. I have never had much money; I have often
squandered money foolishly and have, at times, had to literally count nickles to
provide enough money to feed and care for my beloved daughter. Yet, I have always
been given enough to get by so I have been blessed. The amount of money that I
will carry with me to heaven is $0.0 !

Family?

Families are wonderful relationships given to us by God in a structured way. I
am now old enough to have lost both parents, grandparents, brother and many
friends, to death. Families are security, support, loving relationships that, unfortunately,
are temporary in nature. I am left with a daughter and granddaughter that are
the joy of my life, and a blessing, indeed. The number of family members who
will die and whose souls will depart: all of them.

Vocation?

I was a public school teacher for 34 years and wouldn't have traded for any other
profession. It never led to a lot of money but the life experiences were uncountable
and there was always the feeling that I was making a difference in the lives of the
students I taught. Yet, I became too old to really maintain the energy needed and
retired. How all of our jobs and vocations will turn out? We will retire.

I could go on. My point is that a lot of the things, and there are more, that we
value in this life are, like ourselves, temporary. In this way, their value, in the end,
is nil. Mr. Kauflin's beautiful hymn expresses the one thing that we can live for in this
life that will remain eternally: the Lord Jesus Christ. If you do not know the hymn, I
suggest that you search for it. 

The love and devotion to Jesus are centered around the gift of Grace, the fact that
this perfect, God-man, came to earth for the purpose of providing a way to
break down the barrier between our God and ourselves resulting from sin. He, Jesus,
is not temporary. He is, was and will always be the same Lord and King who
loves His sheep and gathers them to Himself.

Number of souls who believe in Jesus who will be lost eternally? NONE!

Praise our God.!

No comments:

Post a Comment