Monday, November 17, 2014

THE most wonderful of friends!

What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear,
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer.


In my precious relationship with Christ Jesus, I have become quite comfortable calling
Him my Lord, my All in All, my Savior, Redeemer, my Great High Priest, my King; yet
calling Him friend still feels a bit presumptuous. How could One so perfect think of me
as a friend?

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends...  John 15
 

It becomes clear that His final words proclaim that His work here on earth had to
include death as a complete blood sacrifice for those He called His sheep. Nothing less
could ransom the lost into a relationship with His Father. That most horrible death was
the key to salvation for everyone who would call on His glorious name, trust and
believe on Him as their Lord. His friends.

There are many qualities we associate with friendship: Faithfulness, Honesty, Compassion,
and it is blatantly clear that this Jesus is the embodiment of those qualities, the model,
as it were, for all true friends to seek to emulate. Would we lay down our lives for our friend?
This Jesus did so for each of us, willingly.



One there is above all others,
    Oh, how He loves!
His is love beyond a brother’s,
    Oh, how He loves!
Earthly friends may fail or leave us,
One day soothe, the next day grieve us;
But this Friend will ne’er deceive us:
    Oh, how He loves!
 Jesus, even though it is hard to understand, knew of you and me as He hung there on
that cross. He was aware, through His sovereignty and His foreknowledge of who would
be His sheep, that you and I were being given what only this truest of friends could give,
the chance to be redeemed and saved from the Holy wrath we deserve. We are forgiven
by this amazing, gracious friend called Christ Jesus!

Praise our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment