Thursday, April 24, 2014

Mensa... Densa... To See the Face of God

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God” (Matt. 5:8).

 “For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known” (1 Cor. 13:12). 

Spent some time last evening in Mens' Bible Study watching and discussing a rather
old video with R. C. Sproul wherein he discussed the overlying goal of every Christian...
to see the very face of the living God.

God warns, early on, that anyone seeing His holy countenance will die. While there are
glimpses, they always are unclear in nature. What IS clear is an eventual resurrected
existence with the very God of creation, when, like Adam and Eve before the fall, God's
creation, man, will once again live with God.

I used to take little, simple Mensa puzzles and give them, as a treat for extra credit, to
my middle school students. Since I was a language arts teacher, they normally centered
around language skills. I would tell the kids that I was a member of the Densa Society...
some of them readily agreed. 

So what will be the advantage of those with a somewhat higher I.Q. when they finally
come to that wonderful, magical moment when they can gaze upon God, himself. I'm
going to guess that I.Q. won't amount to a hill of beans advantage at that glorious
moment. I'm going to guess, again, that "speechless" will be the key word describing
all of us when we find ourselves on our knees full of unimaginable joy and fulfillment.
That missing piece that has been absent from our lives here on earth during both
the good and the bad times will finally be added, put in place. So even if we
will be unable to articulate much, we will have a feeling of finality of purpose that
has been missing.

To see the face of the loving majestic God of all creation and to reach out and
hold the hand of Jesus.... completeness, happiness, fulfillment, joy!

Praise God!


No comments:

Post a Comment