Thursday, September 25, 2014

"DOH!"

 Romans 8:28 
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.


I remember an old joke about a set of parents who send their son
on an errand and move away before he comes back. Well, in
a slightly different arena of events, I moved to join my daughter and
son in law and due to God's circumstances, they moved away. I
became stuck 900 miles from the loved ones I had so fervently
wanted to be near.

 

So here was an excellent opportunity to put into action that
which I have come to say, write about and hope to put
into practice, God's sovereign goal of fashioning me into the
image of Christ should have allowed me to put my faith in His
good will, His plan, His provision. How did I do?
Horribly!!!

 

I have fretted, worried, questioned, felt sorry for myself; you
name the signs of weakness and I have lived them. It's not
as if this was serious like the struggles many are living through
each day. This was an inconvenience, a little roadblock, a
small bump in the road.

 

So what's to learn, here? I know that God will forgive my
terrible lack of understanding and patience, I know this is
a process, I know I have shown that there is plenty of room
for the continuing transformation by the Holy Spirit in my
life and I feel this will give me, with God's  grace, the realization
that I have every reason to trust Jesus and every reason to
express my gratitude.

 

Maybe next time it won't be, 'Whoops, I did it again!'
Maybe next time I will abide more steadfastly in Lord Jesus,
my shepherd and King.


How could I not? Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment