Monday, June 30, 2014

One step at a time..hopefully in one direction!

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

It's an interesting walk! I just recently purchased a pedometer on Amazon. I was 
fortunate that it didn't arrive by drone! Once hooked to your belt, it measures each
footstep, keeping a mileage total until you reset it. Since things are quite hot down here
in Florida right now, walking sometimes looks like cruising the aisles at Walmart. I have
been quite amazed how far we all walk each day just being us... errands, trips to the mailbox,
etc. It all adds up.

Well much is the same with our walk toward Sanctification. It's actually a walk that
won't be finished while we are here, away from our real home. It's a slow progressive
journey led by the Holy Spirit of God toward being the person God originally created us
to be. Once we are in Christ and the Spirit is within us, nothing will prevent us from
continuing this walk short of our absolute rejection of the decision we have made to be
His. 

I took a 180 degree turn yesterday morning. I won't bother you with the details, but it
was frustrating to come to the quick realization that I had back-slid a bit. I simply did not
do what I needed to do and fell back into life-long habits I continue to battle. But that's
the way this journey goes. None of us, even with the Spirit within us, keep going in a
perfectly straight direction. We meander, if you will, even sometimes, like yesterday,
turn completely around. The good news is that we are loved by a patient, stubborn, determined God that will succeed in bringing us in line with the glorious image of
Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

I was quickly convicted by the Spirit and my two loving children, felt mortified
to the marrow, and then reminded myself that even the reversals will not stand in the
way of this great, grace-filled journey.

So onward we go, head held high because we will one day be in the presence of our
God and will absolutely, thanks to Him, belong there!

Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment