Sunday, February 9, 2014

So... what are the odds?

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14: 6

I have heard that a lot of money was lost on this year's Super Bowl! I guess I have to
state that it wouldn't have been me betting on a sporting event, but I am aware that
many folks do so. What if we examined the "odds" of some other things, unrelated to
the world of sports....

What are the odds that we crawled out of some primordial ooze millions of years ago
and slowly developed into humans as they exist today? I believe that is called evolution, and
believe it or not, it is taught in the majority of public schools across this nation. I
will tell you that, in my opinion, the odds are 0..that's a zero! There has never been
any proof that cross-specie evolution has EVER happened. Worms do not evolve into
chimpanzees. But wait...

What if an alien spacecraft deposited some sort of genetic material and eventually
caused the human being to arrive? Show me an alien spacecraft and I still am calling this
a zero!

What are the odds that this world, this universe just happened...just suddenly became
out of nothing. No creator. Happenstance. Coincidence. NOPE! Ever do any studying of the
human brain? The human cell? The specific necessities that make this planet we live on
even inhabitable? Chance? I think not! ZERO!

What are the odds that any of us could stand before a Holy God and be considered
worthy of salvation? That any of us, on our own merit, would be seen as Holy, as justified,
as sinless? You got it! ZERO chance. That's what the good news of the Gospel of Jesus
Christ is all about. Saved by grace alone, by faith alone. Nothing we have done or could
do would put us in good standing with the God of this universe without the atoning
sacrifice of Jesus upon the cross as our Savior, our High Priest our Redeemer.

I like the odds promised by the Bible that state that we have been adopted into the
family of God by the work of Jesus on that cross, that we will be seen as Christ's
righteousness at the Day of Judgement, that we have eternal life through The Lamb
of God... there's where I will put my confidence. Won't you join me?



No comments:

Post a Comment